Thank you for enrolling in our Malden YMCA swim lesson program. Swimming is an important life skill, as well as great exercise and a challenging sport.Below you will find important information to make your child’s swim experience enjoyable.
- - Arrive to class 5 minutes prior to the start time
- - Children under 9 years of age should be toileted before class. If a child under 9 years of age need to use the bathroom during class the parent will be need to retrieve their child, toilet them and return them to their class.
- - Remove street shoes when accompanying your child on the pool deck for drop off and pick up
- - Children under the age of 9 need an adult, 18 years of age or older, during drop off, pick up, and MUST remain in the viewing area in the lobby during class
- -During Peek Week, parents may observe their child’s swim class on the pool deck. Peek week is the week prior to registration for our next session.
- - Pictures, videotaping, or cell phones are only allowed during Peek Week
- - Diapers are not permitted in the pool. Children who are not potty trained are required to wear a waterproof diaper or rubber pants.
- - Due to the ratio of instructor to swimmers, make up classes are not feasible or allowed.